Plant IT Specialist
Grammer is looking for a Plant IT Specialist to join our location in Bowling Green, OH to also work closely with our Plants located in Tiffin, and Delphos OH. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment. The ideal candidate work task requires knowledge and skills to ensure a self-responsible care and organization of the IT infrastructure, including location-based computer systems at remote locations, so-called "remote sites" within the scope of standards, parameters and guidelines of the Group IT.
GRAMMER is a leading North American full service automotive supplier of highly engineered thermoplastic components and assemblies for interiors and air and fluid management systems. GRAMMER is specialized in developing and manufacturing components and systems for car interiors as well as driver and passenger seats for off-road vehicles, trucks, buses, and trains.
As a global partner to the vehicle manufacturing industry we are represented around the world by our two divisions, Automotive and Commercial Vehicles. Our employees are constantly engaged in developing and producing innovative, flexible solutions to meet challenges in today’s competitive global market. GRAMMER can be found on four continents with more than 50 production, distribution and logistics sites in 20 countries.
Here at GRAMMER, we foster a culture that embraces our Grammer CODE: Collaborate in an inclusive environment, Openness in communication and ideas, Drive for results with energy and Empower yourself and others by taking ownership of decisions and actions.
What you will be doing:
- Administration, planning and organization of all IT themes based on standard parameters defined by the Group IT
- 1st and 2nd level of user support
- Installation and maintenance for PCs/notebooks, international where required, e. g. IT responsibility for additional locations
- Administration and maintenance of peripheral devices, e. g. monitor, mouse, scanner, printer etc.
- Administration and maintenance of mobile telephony and mobile data communication (Wireless Local Area Network)
- Realization of purchase orders for hardware and software according to internal standards and budget allowance
- Administration and documentation of the Local Area Network (LAN) including the Wide Area Network (WAN) interfaces, e.g. provider access and lines etc.
- Planning, organization and implementation of new requirements in the range of active and passive network components
- Planning of the IT infrastructure in accordance with prescribed operational standards
- Task coordination within the IT team in consultation with the supervisor
- Application and coordination of special access via the firewalls (e. g. remote access of external support partners to devices within the LAN)
- Development and implementation of data backup- and disaster recovery concepts after clearance with the Group IT and local departments
- IT technical support for internal moves, e. g. relocation of workplaces
- Administration and maintenance of all local servers
- User training in handling of standard applications and IT devices
- Coordination of external IT service providers
- Implementation and monitoring of central data security guidelines at the location
- Coordination of the IT budget with the departments and responsible controller of the respective location
What you will bring along:
- Competent spoken and written English knowledge
- Competent network knowledge, e. g. TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, active and passive network components etc.
- Cisco knowledge for configuration and backup handling of active network components as switches etc.
- Competent knowledge about Microsoft server- and desktop operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory
- Basic knowledge in data security (firewall, DMZ, VPN, encryption, antivirus protection etc.)
- SAP basic knowledge
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to anticipate problems, resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential
As a new member of the Grammer Team, you will receive a competitive compensation package including benefits such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- 401(k) match
- Robust EAP services
- Developmental opportunities
- Much more!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: PDX_GA_61EA8694-F14F-4A44-B1F2-F06B3E988ACD