Industrial Engineer, Automotive
GRAMMER is specialized in developing and manufacturing components and systems for car interiors as well as driver and passenger seats for off-road vehicles, trucks, buses, and trains.
As a global partner to the vehicle manufacturing industry, we are represented around the world by our two divisions, Automotive and Commercial Vehicles. Our employees are constantly engaged in developing and producing innovative, flexible solutions to meet challenges in today’s competitive global market. GRAMMER can be found on four continents with more than 50 production, distribution and logistics sites in 20 countries.
GRAMMER is a leading North American full service automotive supplier of highly engineered thermoplastic components and assemblies for interiors and air and fluid management systems.
Here at GRAMMER, we foster a culture that embraces our Grammer CODE: Collaborate in an inclusive environment, Openness in communication and ideas, Drive for results with energy and empower yourself and others by taking ownership of decisions and actions.
Grammer Americas, Tupelo location is looking for a responsible Industrial Engineer for developing and improving effective manufacturing processes in line with the company strategic planning, quality policy, and the quality management system, including, defect prevention, inspection, process control and all regulatory activities such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and TS 16949. This position is also responsible for productivity improvements within our operations department, as well as new product launch support.
What you will be doing:
- Drives and creates continuous improvement activities
- Develops, prepares, and/or maintains documentation pertaining to manufacturing processes, systems operation, product development, and other technical processes
- Works hand-in-hand with maintenance team to maximize up-time on machines
- Work with outside vendors and current machine manufactures to improve manufacturing processes.
- Develops and drives implementation of best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output. Scope includes but is not limited to scrap reduction, cycle time reduction, downtime reduction, FPY (first pass yield) increase, OEE increase, etc.
- Gathers and collects data from production lines to aid in decision making and process improvement effort prioritization
- Researches, reviews, and collects available technical information as a basis for documentation
- Supports quality initiatives and works with teams to develop the necessary poke yokes to improve quality
- Supports and leads PFMEA & Control Plan activities
- Designs, implements, and maintains procedures relating to efficient manufacturing practices using Lean initiatives
- Conducts time studies for line balancing
- Creates new documentation or updates existing documentation to accurately reflect changes in a product or process and ensures standard work is being followed
- Assists in the development of manufacturing work flow, line layouts, or floor plans
- Tracks process parameters and ensures standard work is up to date and being followed
- Must able to support after hours calls for support from the plant (10% - 15%).
- Performs all other duties as assigned
What you will bring along:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience in the automotive or similar industry.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Trouble-shooting skills is a PLUS
- Multi-task oriented
- Ability to successfully interface with customers, peers and team members. A TEAM PLAYER
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Good understanding of drawing requirements and bills of material
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word and Excel is a plus
- Strong communication skills, to include spoken, written, and presentation skills
- Strong structured problem-solving skills and critical thinking capability - Lean Six Sigma
- Strong accuracy with attention to detail
- SAP experience is a PLUS
- AutoCad and/or Solid Works skills
What we can provide you:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage eligibility on day 1
· Flex Spending Accounts
· Health Savings Account
· Volunteer Life Insurance options
· Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement Programs
· Robust Employee Assistance Program Services
· Individualized Developmental Opportunities