Group Accounting Manager
GRAMMER is specialized in developing and manufacturing components and systems for car interiors as well as driver and passenger seats for off-road vehicles, trucks, buses, and trains.
As a global partner to the vehicle manufacturing industry, we are represented around the world by our two divisions, Automotive and Commercial Vehicles. Our employees are constantly engaged in developing and producing innovative, flexible solutions to meet challenges in today’s competitive global market. GRAMMER can be found on four continents with more than 50 production, distribution and logistics sites in 20 countries.
GRAMMER is a leading North American full service automotive supplier of highly engineered thermoplastic components and assemblies for interiors and air and fluid management systems.
Here at GRAMMER, we foster a culture that embraces our Grammer CODE: Collaborate in an inclusive environment, Openness in communication and ideas, Drive for results with energy and Empower yourself and others by taking ownership of decisions and actions.
What we are looking for:
Grammer is looking for a Group Accounting Manager to join our Finance team at our Americas headquarters in Toledo, OH. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment. This individual will have an opportunity to make lasting and positive changes in our Finance and Accounting team!
What you will be doing:
- You will have the overall responsibility for the Accounting process for our Functional Components group. This will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Month end closing process in a multi-company environment
- Intercompany price review, regular billings and reconciliations
- Intercompany loan review and management
- Journal Entries supporting monthly processes as needed and daily/weekly/monthly GL postings and processes
- Payroll review and processing
- Month end GL account reconciliations
- Leasing and POC per IFRS requirements
- Month End reporting packages for corporate reporting
- Responsible for coordination of a successful year end audit
- Additional accounting responsibilities for other locations in the region
- Supervision of AP and AR departments for the region
- Regular communication with manufacturing locations
- Review of monthly trial balance
- Support the annual operating budget process
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reports requested by government agencies
- Prepare needed tax correspondence - PPT, Sales and Use tax, etc.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
- Complete accounts receivable overdues analysis and reporting for the America’s region
- Resolve accounts receivable overdue balances
- Communicate and collaborate with all Grammer entities
- Coordinate year-end closing process
- Miscellaneous reports requested by regional management and other duties as assigned
What you will bring along:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, public accounting experience preferred
- 3+ years of recent supervisory experience/5+ years of accounting and GL experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and ensure accuracy of deliverables
- Strong work ethic, desire to be part of a team and grow in the organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving and leadership skills
- Initiative to improve processes and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Desire to lead a team
- Knowledge of JBA ERP system preferred
- Knowledge of SAP preferred but not mandatory
- Knowledge of IFRS principals preferred
- Experience working in a multi location business with foreign locations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Power BI preferred
As a new member of the Grammer Team, you will receive a competitive compensation package including benefits such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- 401(k) match
- Robust EAP services
- Developmental opportunities
- Much more!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: PDX_GA_78C9281D-00C8-4A48-82D1-4F633CDBD3C5