GRAMMER is specialized in developing and manufacturing components and systems for car interiors as well as driver and passenger seats for off-road vehicles, trucks, buses, and trains.
As a global partner to the vehicle manufacturing industry, we are represented around the world by our two divisions, Automotive and Commercial Vehicles. Our employees are constantly engaged in developing and producing innovative, flexible solutions to meet challenges in today’s competitive global market. GRAMMER can be found on four continents with more than 50 production, distribution and logistics sites in 20 countries.
GRAMMER is a leading North American full service automotive supplier of highly engineered thermoplastic components and assemblies for interiors and air and fluid management systems.
Here at GRAMMER, we foster a culture that embraces our Grammer CODE: Collaborate in an inclusive environment, Openness in communication and ideas, Drive for results with energy and empower yourself and others by taking ownership of decisions and actions.
What we are looking for:
Grammer is looking for a Controls Engineer to join our location in Fayetteville, TN. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment. This individual will have an opportunity to make lasting and positive changes in our team!
What you will be doing:
· Read electrical schematics and update electrical documentation for changes or upgrades made to equipment
· Undertake feasibility studies and write detailed technical reports as necessary for this position
· Testing electrical components and taking equipment readings with various meters, hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools to determine and repair appropriate system errors
· Provide technical direction and coordination for cost save initiatives
· Maintain program backups of all PLC, HMI and robot programs
· Support the production floor with expertise and improvements as required.
· Improve reliability of sensing systems, photoelectric, laser, and vision.
· Support efforts to improve and design station layouts that lead towards the plant goal of lean manufacturing.
What you will bring along:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required
· A minimum of 5 years of experience managing technical projects is required.
· Proven experience required in PLC, HMI and SCADA programming and systems.
· Experience with a variety of industrial controls and applications is preferred.
· Experience in designing, testing and installing electrical control panels in industrial or manufacturing settings is required.
· Ability to read and understand electrical layout drawings
· Candidate will be aware of the industry safety standards
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work and communicate well with people at a variety of levels and in a variety of settings is required. This includes interacting with technical and non-technical personnel
What we can provide you:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage eligibility on day 1
· Flex Spending Accounts
· Health Savings Account
· Volunteer Life Insurance options
· Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement Programs
· Robust Employee Assistance Program Services
· Individualized Developmental Opportunities