Continuous Improvement Engineer
Grammer is looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our team at our in Fayetteville, TN. location. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment and have an opportunity to make lasting and positive changes in our Americas Team!
GRAMMER is a leading North American full service automotive supplier of highly engineered thermoplastic components and assemblies for interiors and air and fluid management systems. GRAMMER is specialized in developing and manufacturing components and systems for car interiors as well as driver and passenger seats for off-road vehicles, trucks, buses, and trains.
As a global partner to the vehicle manufacturing industry we are represented around the world by our two divisions, Automotive and Commercial Vehicles. Our employees are constantly engaged in developing and producing innovative, flexible solutions to meet challenges in today’s competitive global market. GRAMMER can be found on four continents with more than 50 production, distribution and logistics sites in 20 countries.
Here at GRAMMER, we foster a culture that embraces our Grammer CODE: Collaborate in an inclusive environment, Openness in communication and ideas, Drive for results with energy and Empower yourself and others by taking ownership of decisions and actions.
As a new member of the Grammer Team, you will receive a competitive compensation package including benefits such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- 401(k) match
- Robust EAP services
- Developmental opportunities
- Much more!
The Continuous Improvement Engineer role is responsible for:
- Support continuous improvement of all processes in all areas of a Grammer plant using methods of the Grammer Production System. Including creation of concepts and tools for modern learning systems.
- Participate in implementation of the GPS standards according to the GPS excellence roadmap strategy.
- Support the introduction and maintenance of GPS standards and tools in the plant.
- Support planning and implementation of the modification of the production according to the Lean philosophy and introduction of the related instruments such as, Kaizen, Poke, Yoke, Kanban, 5S and more.
- Support the permanent optimization of production according to lean philosophy based on the GPS Excellence Roadmaps. Including related documentation for standards and trainings.
- Support of planning and implementation of Lean trainings in the plant.
What you will need:
- Technical university degree in production engineering/mechanical engineering or similar education; Industrial Engineer/Logistics Engineer
- 1-3 years' experience in the production sector and /or factory engineering function
- Leadership skills: Temporary leading of cross-functional teams within the scope of Kaizen activities
- Development opportunities for engineers and technicians from IE, logistic, and production sector, with additional qualifications in GPS/Lean.
- Ability for multicultural cooperation's in the Grammer production network.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: PDX_GA_CF0AC64E-6DD0-4B8E-AA52-40614B51F9C1